Bamboo is the perfect material for toothbrush and interdental brush handles. It is strong, flexible and hygienic. Better still, it’s 100% biodegradable and compostable. Moso bamboo, which our Bamboo Piksters are made from is one of the most sustainable and eco-friendly crops available:
• Organically grown – doesn’t require pesticides or fertilizer
• Requires less water than traditional agriculture
• Naturally antibacterial and antifungal
• Produces up to 35% more oxygen than equivalent trees
• Absorbs more CO2 from the air than equivalent trees (up to 5 times!)
• Fast growing – matures in as little as 3 years
• Not labour intensive – doesn’t require replanting or stump removal
• Stabilises the soil with a complex, permanent root structure
Just in case you were wondering, pandas don’t eat Moso bamboo. So none of our cuddlesome friends will go hungry when you pick Piksters Bamboo.
100% Nach: Plant-based Bristles
Piksters Bamboo is now available with plant-based biobristles. These bristles are made with castor bean oil. While the bristles are not biodegradable, they are made from a sustainable resource and reduce the carbon footprint of the toothbrush. The castor bean plant is a very hardy species and can be grown in soil not suitable for general agriculture. This means that food production does not need to be reduced.
How Quickly Does the Bamboo Handle Break Down?
• Industrial composter – just a few weeks
• Home compost – up to six months
• Buried in the garden – 3 years
• On top of the soil – 5 to 10 years.